Early Start 2018 registration begins May 14. Click the "Enroll in Early Start" link at your student portal to register.
- If multiple measures show that you will benefit from additional support in English and/or Quantitative Reasoning, you are required to start coursework in summer 2018.
- You can fulfill this summer requirement at any CSU (other than CSU Maritime in Vallejo).
- If you choose another CSU, please review our process below. See here to search other CSU course offerings.
- Take Early Start English through SF State only. It includes our Write to Register (formerly Directed Self-Placement) and if you take Early Start through another CSU, you still have to complete our Write to Register.
- You may wish to speak to an advisor before choosing a different CSU for your math course. They may not all equally benefit your experience and pathways at SF State.
Sign up Process for Other CSUs
- Decide on which CSU you wish to go to in summer to fulfill the Early Start requirement.
- Complete our Early Start at Other CSUs Google Form.
- Switch your Early Start Smart Page to match your CSU choice for summer.
- Look for an email from your summer CSU with further instructions on how to register for Early Start.
- Contact your summer CSU with any further questions.
Click on the title above for a PDF of the images below.